Chihuahuas are awesome… obviously we all know that!
But did you know that Chi’s, just like any other purebred dog, can be susceptible to hereditary disorders that can cost thousands to treat?
Here is a list of the Top 5 most common health issues to keep an eye on.
- Luxating Patella – $1,500 to $3,000 (Between 75% and 80% of Chihuahuas that have luxating patellas have an inherited problem)
- Heart Disease – $5,000 to $20,000
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
- Heart Murmur – $5,000 to $20,000
- Tracheal Collapse – $4,000 to $7,000
The good news is that you can protect your Chihuahua by purchasing a pet insurance policy. That’s right, pet insurance coverage for your Chi!
Plans start at only $30 per month and will cover up to 90% for treatment of hereditary disorders, illnesses and accidents.
It’s a great way to protect your Chi… and your bank account at the same time. Learn more about Chihuahua pet insurance coverage options and get protection before you get surprised with big, unexpected vet bills!